What is Bi-fuel?
Bi-Fuel is the substitution of a major percentage of the diesel fuel, which is normally used to power a diesel engine. An alternative fuel (typically natural gas, biogas, well / flare gas, landfill gas, propane gas, compressed natural gas (CNG) liquid natural gas (LNG), Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG), etc.) is introduced to the engine so that the engine can run on both fuels at the same time. Chatman, provides an easy to fit bi-fuel management package which converts your diesel engine to run primarily on gas. Chatman has solutions for both stationery and mobile engines, with significant savings to be made with either solution.
How it Works
Chatman’s simple bi-fuel conversion modifies your original diesel power generation engine so that it uses natural gas as the main fuel - substantially reducing operating costs. It works by introducing gas into the engine and then electronically controlling gas flow dependent on engine speed and output. All without compromising the engine's power output, running time or maintance schedule.
Why to consider Bi-fuel?
1. Lower fuel costs
- Up to 70% diesel consumption replaced by gas
- Dramatically reduced operational costs
- Enables the ongoing use of existing assets
- Reduced maintenance costs – no ignition system
- Seamless and automatic changeover to 100% diesel operation
3. Environmentally friendly
- Significant reduction in engine emissions
- NOx , PM
- SOx , CO2
- Increases CO
- With the use of a catalytic converter, can reduce CO2
2. Simply adaptive
- Fully automatic compensation for changes in:
- gas quality (typically Oil&Gas applications)
- gas pressure
- Ensure best performance in every situation
4. Fuel flexibility
- Extended run times without refueling
- Smooth transition between diesel and Bi-fuel mode at any time
- Maintains the output of the diesel engine
- Maintains the transient performance of the diesel engine